Incredible facts about the County.
Baringo County is located northrift Kenya covering a total of 11, 015 Kms sq. of which about 140.5 Kms Sq. is covered by water service, named after the famous Lake baringo.
Did You Know?
Now you know it!
- Lake Baringo is the only fresh water lake with 13 plus islands in Kenya.
- Lake baringo is only geysers and hot springs lake in Kenya.
- The 2nd president of the Republic of kenya; H.E. Daniel Arap moi EGH hails from the county, a place called Sacho.
- The world record holder marathon legend, the 1st African to be in the International Olympics Committee member, Paul Tergat, OGW EGH hails from the county, a place called Riwo.
- The oldest hominid remains in the world were found in Rondinin, Tugen Hills. The orrorin tugenesis, dated six million years.